5 Days Uganda Flying Wildlife and Gorilla trekking Safari
5 Days Uganda Flying Wildlife and Gorilla trekking Safari takes you to two of Uganda’s most visited wildlife and primates’ national parks. Bwindi is home to the mountain gorillas and Murchison falls national park is home for the might Murchison falls which are the strongest falls in Africa and has a great population of wildlife. This 5 Days trip to Murchison falls national park and Bwindi Impenetrable national Park is purposely for travellers’ interested in visiting these incredible national parks with domestic flights for purposes of reducing on the drive time spent on the road. Aero-link Uganda Limited operates domestic flights within Uganda national park. This trip will end in Kigali because the driving distance from Bwindi impenetrable national park to Kigali Rwanda is shorter as opposed to driving from Bwindi to Kampala/Entebbe
Highlights of the 5 Days Uganda Flying Wildlife and Gorilla trekking Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Day 2: Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Day 3: Fly to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking experience
- Day 5: Drive to Kigali – Rwanda
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Transfer to Murchison falls: Depending on your location in Kampala, meet with your safari guide and drive to Murchison falls national park. the journey takes about 5-6 hours on road with en-route stop at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for your rhino trekking experience. Upon arrival at the Sanctuary, meet your ranger guides for briefing then drive to the starting point where you will start your trekking in search of the rhinos. You will be able to spot different rhinos, coming up close to them. Spend time in their presence then return. Have lunch then continue to Murchison falls national park. It’s a 2-3 hours’ drive from Nakasongola, home of the rhinos, enter Murchison falls national park through Kichwabanyobo gate and proceed to connect to your booked accommodation with an en-route evening game drive. Check-in for dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option: Paraa Safari lodge
- Mid-range: Pakuba Safari Lodge/Fort Murchison lodge
- Budget option: Red Chilly Rest Camp/Heritage Safari lodge
Day 2: Morning game drive and boat cruise
- Morning game drive and boat cruise: After an early breakfast at the lodge, you will go for a morning game drive. The activity takes about 3-5 hours depending on animals available, and you will find animals including elephants, Rothschild giraffes, buffaloes, lions, Hartebeest, Uganda Kobs, Oribis, and waterbucks.
- After the drive, you will return to the lodge for lunch. Later afternoon at 2 pm, go for a launch cruise on the along the Nile which will give you an exciting panoramic view at the bottom of the mighty Murchison falls. Along the cruise, you will encounter crocodiles, hippos, and birds on the river banks like kingfisher, cormorants and bee-eater. You will spend take viewing the falls at the bottom while taking pictures then later return to meet your drive and connect back to your lodge and a relaxed evening. After viewing the bottom of the falls, sail back to meet your driver who will transfer you back to your lodge with en-route game drive. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 3: Top of the falls – fly to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Top of the falls – fly to Bwindi: After breakfast, drive to the top of the falls for a closer view of the Murchison falls and the Uhuru falls, this will take about 2 hours before you connect to Bugugu airstrip for your one-way domestic connecting flight to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. Aero-link Uganda limited operates daily flights from Murchison falls national park to Bwindi Impenetrable national park, it’s a 2 hours flight landing in Kihihi airstrip. There, you will meet your other safari guide waiting to transfer you to your booked accommodation where you will have late lunch after check-in. Spend the rest of your evening relaxing at your lodge. Dinner will be served before you sleep.
- Luxury option: Mahogany springs lodge/Buhoma lodge
- Mid-range option: Buhoma Haven lodge
- Budget option: Buhoma Community Rest Camp
Day 4: Gorilla trekking experience
- Gorilla trekking experience: After breakfast at the lodge, head to the park headquarters with your trekking gears and packed lunch; meet with other trekkers for briefing about gorilla trekking. After you are allocated a group in groups of 8 people, head into the forest for your trek. Gorilla trekking takes 2 to 8 hours depending on the movement of the gorilla family being visited. These primates roam the park freely and there is no way of telling where they will be for a particular. On finding them, you will be allowed 1 hour to view and take photos of these gentle primates before you descend back to meet your driver/guide and transfer back to your lodge.
- The time after trekking can be spent on a village/community Batwa tour or relaxing off at the lodge as you unwind with a glass of wine with the memories of your gorilla experience in Bwindi. Dinner and overnight booked lodge as above.
Day 5: Transfer back to Kigali – City tour/Departure
- Transfer back to Kigali: After breakfast, check-out form the lodge to embark on your return to Kigali. Cross via Katuna or Cyanika border and arrive in Kigali at a good time for lunch at Des Mille Collins Hotel, enjoy a brief city tour visiting the Kigali Genocide memorial and Kimoronko market before your check-in time for your flight to your next destination. Alternatively, your safari guide can drop you at a location you advise in Kigali city.
End of the 5 Days Uganda Flying Wildlife and Gorilla trekking Safari