14 Days Best of Uganda Safari
14 Days Best of Uganda Safari: The Uganda 14 Days Safari takes you to four incredible national parks of Uganda including Murchison falls national park, Kibale national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, and Mgahinga national park. Each of these national parks has their own unique attraction that makes the park outstanding featuring game viewing, boat cruises, gorilla trekking, chimpanzee trekking, nature walks and above a holiday to relax. This trip will start with a visit to Murchison falls national park for a Big 5 animals experience and a boat cruise to the bottom of Murchison falls and visit the top of the falls as well. Proceed to Kibale national park, home to the endangered chimpanzees and other 12 primates. Queen Elizabeth national park is blessed with a number of animals, craters and most especially it is home to tree-climbing lions and to Mgahinga national park – home to the mountain gorillas and golden monkeys in Uganda. Your last visit will be in Lake Bunyonyi which is the best way of wining up your trip with a relaxation moment.
Highlights of the 14 Days Best of Uganda Safari
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kampala
- Day 2: Rhino trekking – Murchison falls national park
- Day 3: Game drive and launch cruise – Murchison Falls
- Day 4: Delta boat trip and visit top of the falls
- Day 5: Transfer to Kibale national park
- Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking experience
- Day 7: Visit Bigodi wetland – Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 8: Lion tracking/game drive – boat cruise in Kazinga channel
- Day 9: Transfer to Mgahinga national park
- Day 10: Gorilla trekking experience
- Day 11: Golden monkey trekking
- Day 12: Batwa community tour and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 13: Full day relaxation at Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 14: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe and Departure
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kampala
- Arrival and transfer to Kampala: Upon arrival at Entebbe airport, you will be welcomed by our company representative/safari guide who will be waiting to receive you. Thereafter, transfer to Kampala city of Uganda. It’s about 45 minutes’ drive without traffic. Depending on your time of arrival, you may enjoy a minimal city tour visiting the Gadaffi Mosque, Nakasero market and the craft market before you connect to your Hotel. Check-in and rest from the long day. In the evening, dinner will be served and spend a comfortable night at the hotel.
- Budget option: Forest cottages for budget
- Mid-range option: Fairway Hotel for mid-range
- Luxury option: Sheraton hotel for luxury
Day 2: Rhino trekking and transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Rhino trekking and transfer to Murchison falls: After early morning breakfast on day 2 of the 14 Days Best of Uganda Safari, check-out of the hotel and set off for your 10 days Uganda Safari starting with your journey to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary – home of the only existing rhinos in Uganda. It takes about 3 hours from Kampala city to Ziwa. On arrival at the sanctuary, check-in and proceed to meet the rangers for a briefing before you connect to trek rhinos on foot. This experience will take 2 -3 hours’ depending on the location of the rhinos, you will be allowed to spend 1 hour in their presence before you return. Have lunch then continue to transfer to Murchison falls national park which is another 3 hours’ drive. Enter the park via Kichumbanyobo gate to connect to your booked accommodation for check-in, dinner and overnight stay
- Budget option: Heritage Safari lodge/Red Chilly Rest Camp
- Mid-range option: Pakuba Safari lodge/Murchison River lodge
- Luxury option: Paraa Safari lodge/Nile Safari lodge/Bakers’ Lodge
Day 3: Morning game drive and launch cruise on River Nile
- Morning game drive: Wake up early, enjoy breakfast then connect to northern bank of the park which is the best area for game viewing. Connect to the delta area and while here, you will be able to spot a number of animals since most of them come to drink from the Nile. Some of the animals to expect include; Elephants, Giraffes, Uganda Kobs, Jackson’s hartebeest, waterbucks, buffaloes and luckily you many find the lions, leopards, hyenas and among others. Return for lunch at the lodge.
- launch cruise on River Nile: In the afternoon, depart with the 2 pm boat trip to the bottom of the falls. The falls are the main tourist attraction in the park. The boat cruise takes you through some of the water animals like the hippos, crocodiles lying along the sandbanks and sights of some water birds. You will also encounter some land animals that come to drink from the River like the elephants and others. This boat cruise takes about 2-3 hours. Given that the water force is very strong, the boat has an end point where you can view falls at a distance while taking pictures and videos.
- After viewing the falls at the bottom, return to the landing site where your guide will be waiting for you to drive you to the booked lodge for dinner and overnight
- Luxury option: Paraa Safari lodge/Nile Safari Lodge/Bakers’ Lodge
- Mid-range option: Murchison River Lodge
- Budget option: Red Chilly Rest Camp
Day 4: Delta boat trip and visit the top of the falls
- Delta boat trip and visit the top of the falls: After your breakfast, connect for your morning boat trip to the delta, this boat is interesting in that it increases your chances to see the shoebill stock and a number of animals as most of them converge at the delta for water. It’s a 3-4 hours experience before your return to your lodge for lunch.
- Later afternoon, drive to the top of the Murchison falls. Visiting the top of the falls is the most refreshing experience of the powerful falls flowing through a narrow gorge creating a great force and sound. This is an exciting experience worth a visit. Return to your lodge as above for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Transfer to Kibale national park
- Transfer to Kibale national park: After early morning breakfast at the lodge, check-out and meet your guide to embark on your journey to Kibale national park. Kibale forest is located in the western part of Uganda in Kabarole district which is about 7-8 hours’ drive from Murchison falls national park via Papidi which is basically a full day drive. Given the nature of that route, you will have en-route late lunch in Fort portal town. Thereafter, proceed to your booked accommodation close to the park for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay.
- Luxury option: Kyaninga Lodge/Ndali Lodge
- Mid-range option: Chimpanzee forest guest house/Kibale Forest Camp
- Budget option: Isunga lodge
Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking experience
- Chimpanzee trekking experience: After early morning breakfast at the lodge, connect to Kibale forest for your chimpanzee trekking experience with your packed snacks and water. You will first report at the park headquarters for a briefing from the park officials where you will be divided into 12 groups then proceed to enter the forest with the guidance of your park rangers. Trekking takes about 2-5 hours in search of the chimpanzee groups depending on their location. You will also enjoy your encounter of other primates and animals like the forest elephants, buffaloes, bush pigs and duikers, and warthogs. On finding them, you will enjoy an hour moment with chimpanzees while taking pictures and videos of the lifetime moment. Return to meet your guide and drive back lodge as above.
Day 7: Visit Bigodi wetland – Queen Elizabeth national park
- Visit Bigodi wetland: After your breakfast, drive to Bigodi wetland for a nature walk experience. The swamp is blessed with other primates like the black and white colobus monkeys, Vervet monkeys to mention a few. Bigodi is also one of the best destinations in bird watching in Africa, enjoy the sounds of birds and spot a variety of birds in this unspoilt nature. This will take about 2 hours’ depending on your interest. Drive to Fort portal town for lunch before you proceed to Queen Elizabeth national park. It’s about 3 hours’ drive with great views of the Rwenzori mountain ranges.
- Upon arrival, enter the park and visit the exploration crater lakes before you connect to your booked accommodation where you will check-in have dinner and overnight stay.
- Budget option: Pumba Safari Cottages/Engiri Game lodge
- Mid-range option: Parkview Safari lodge/Enganzi Lodge
- Luxury option: Kyambura Gorge lodge/Elephant Plains/Mweya Safari lodge
Day 8: Lion tracking/game drive – Boat cruise in Kazinga channel
- Lion tracking/game drive: Wake up early, have your delicious breakfast, meet your guide and drive to Kasenyi area where you will handed over to the research team for a lion tracking experience. This experience is only carried out in Queen Elizabeth national park where you are guaranteed to view the lions. You will get an opportunity to come close to a pride of lions. You will also connect to a game drive for chances of finding some of the park’s habitats like the Buffaloes, elephants, waterbuck, Uganda Kob and other types of Antelopes.
- Boat cruise in Kazinga channel: Return for lunch at your lodge before you return to the park for a boat cruise that will take you along the Kazinga channel. The lakes have the highest concentration of hippos and other animals drinking at the water’s edge, also good for bird watching. The cruise also offers good platform for photography, bird watching and games. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 9: Transfer to Mgahinga national park
- Transfer to Mgahinga: After enjoying your breakfast, check-out of the lodge and transfer to Mgahinga national park. It’s a 6-7 hours’ drive to Kisoro. Drive via Ishaka district with en-route lunch, arriving late afternoon for your booked accommodation for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay.
- Luxury option: Gahinga lodge
- Mid-range option: Lake Mulehe Safari lodge
- Budget option: Travellers’ Rest Hotel
Day 10: Gorilla trekking experience – Nkyakagezi sector
- Gorilla trekking experience: Have breakfast and drive to the park head offices where you will meet with other trekkers for briefing about Mountain Gorilla trekking by the park officials. After briefing, you will be allocated a gorilla family to visit in groups of 8 people. Thereafter, connect to the trekking starting point in supervision of your armed ranger guides. The time taken trekking is usually between 2-8 hours depending on the movement of the gorillas. Meeting the gorillas unexpectedly is one of the most captivating lifetime experiences. You will have a chance to observe and take pictures at very close range. You will observe adults feeding and groaning among themselves. After an hour with the gorillas, your guide and rangers will lead you back to the starting point where your driver will readily be waiting for you.
- transfer to Kisoro: After trekking, transfer to Kisoro close to Mgahinga national park. It’s about 2-3 hours from Bwindi impenetrable national park depending on which of the sectors. Arrive in Kisoro late afternoon and proceed to booked lodge for relaxation dinner and overnight stay.
- Luxury option: Gahinga lodge
- Mid-range option: Lake Mulehe Safari lodge
- Budget option: Travellers’ Rest Camp
Day 11: Golden monkey trekking – Mgahinga national park
- Golden monkey trekking: After early morning breakfast, drive to the park headquarters in Mgahinga National Park which is about 14km from Kisoro for your briefing about the Golden monkeys with your trekking gears. After briefing, your ranger guides will lead you into the forest to search for the Golden monkeys. On finding them, spend an hour viewing them while taking pictures and videos. After trekking, return to your lodge to rest, dinner and overnight at booked lodge as above.
Day 12: Batwa community tour and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Batwa community tour and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: After breakfast, connect to the park for a Batwa community trial and get to know about the Batwa people who the indigenous people who lived the park and their covers before it was gazetted as a national park. Have lunch in Kisoro town then proceed to Kabale district where you will connect to Lake Bunyonyi. This is the deepest lake in East Africa and its Bilharzia from for human to use the water for different activities. Upon reaching the lake, connect to your accommodation for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option – Bunyonyi Birdnest lodge
- Mid-range option – Bunyonyi Eco-Resort/Bunyonyi Arcadia Cottages
- Budget option – Bunyonyi Overland Resort
Day 13: Full day excursion at Lake Bunyonyi
- Full day excursion at Lake Bunyonyi: Wake up for breakfast, meet your guide and connect for a boat experience on Lake Bunyonyi and visit some of the interesting islands on the lake. Return for lunch at the lodge and spend your afternoon in company of the community while on your nature walk around the area or stay relaxing at your lodge with great memories of your safari. Before nightfall, return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay as above
Day 14: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe and Departure
- Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe and Departure: After breakfast, depart the lodge to embark on your journey back to Kampala or Entebbe. It’s a quite a long journey of about 8-9 hours’ drive with en-route lunch and stop at Equator. Arrive in Entebbe late afternoon and depending on your schedule, you will either be dropped at your own booked hotel or off to Entebbe airport for your onward flight. End of trip