18 Days Uganda Wildlife Adventure
18 Days Uganda Wildlife Adventure: This 18 Days Uganda safari adventure offers visitors an opportunity to enjoy a variety of Uganda’s main attractions for a period of about three weeks. Enjoy some of the country’s rich sights of wildlife, primates, and water experience. This trip involves exploring the primates in Semliki national park, Kibale national park, and Bwindi Impenetrable national park. Wildlife experience in the savannah park including Kidepo national park, Murchison falls national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, and Lake Mburo national park. These national park have unique attraction that make them independently attractive and worth visiting. Other attractions include; nature walks such as Ziwa rhino trekking Plan on foot, Bigodi swamp walk, walking safari. Water experiences like boat cruises, horseback riding as added activities and community tours. The trip starts and ends in Uganda – Entebbe airport.
Highlights of the 18 Days Uganda Wildlife Adventure
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kampala
- Day 2: Rhino trekking in Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Day 3: Transfer to Kidepo Valley National Park
- Day 4: Morning game drive in Narus valley
- Day 5: Another day game drive and Hot springs visit
- Day 6: Drive to Murchison Falls national park
- Day 7: Top of the falls visit and boat cruise
- Day 8: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 9: Chimpanzee tracking and Bigodi Swamp Walk
- Day 10: Hot Springs visit and game drive in Semiliki national park
- Day 11: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park – boat cruise
- Day 12: Lion tracking and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 13: Gorilla trek in Bwindi forest Park – Batwa community tour
- Day 14: Golden Monkey tracking in Mgahinga national park
- Day 15: Drive to Lake Bunyonyi – Boat trip
- Day 16: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park – evening game drive
- Day 17: Walking safari/horseback riding and Boat ride on Lake Mburo
- Day 18: Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe/Departure
Day 1: Arrival and hotel drop off
- Arrival and hotel drop off: Following your arrival at Entebbe airport, our company representative/guide will be waiting to welcome you and transfer to Kampala city of Uganda. It’s about 45 minutes’ drive without traffic. Depending on your time of arrival, you may enjoy a minimal city tour visiting the Gadaffi Mosque, Nakasero market and the craft market before you connect to your Hotel. Check-in and rest from the long day. In the evening, dinner will be served and spend a comfortable night at the hotel.
- Budget option: Forest cottages for budget
- Mid-range option: Fairway Hotel for mid-range
- Luxury option: Sheraton hotel for luxury
Day 2: Transfer to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary – Rhino tracking
- Transfer to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary: After breakfast at your hotel, meet with your driver-guide to transfer to Ziwa Rhino sanctuary, the only place where you find the rhinos in Uganda. It’s a 3-4 hours’ drive. Upon arrival, proceed to first check-in your booked lodge for lunch then later connect for your rhino trekking experience. Meet your ranger guides for briefing then drive to the starting point where you will start your trekking in search of the rhinos on foot. You will be able to spot different rhinos, coming up close to them and take pictures and videos. Return to your lidge in the evening and relax, have dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option: Amuka Safari lodge
- Mid-range/Budget options: Ziwa Guesthouse
Day 3: Transfer to Kidepo Valley National Park
- Transfer to Kidepo: Wake up early, have breakfast and embark on your journey to Kidepo national park located far north eastern part of Uganda. Kidepo is the third largest national park rich with wildlife safaris. It’s a 7-8 hours with en-route lunch in Kitgum town. Proceed to reach Kidepo national park late afternoon, check-in, relax at your booked lodge with great views of the park while enjoying a glass of juicy or wine. Dinner and overnight stay at
- Luxury option: Apoka Safari lodge/Adere Safari lodge
- Mid-range option: Kidepo Savannah lodge/Nga Moru wilderness Camp
- Budget option: Apoka Rest Camp/Wilderness Camping site
Day 4: Day game drive in Narus valley
- Day game drive in Narus valley: Breakfast will be served early and drive to Narus valley for a morning game drive. Narus valley is known to possess the largest buffalo herds than anywhere else in the entire world. There are also high chances of spotting big cats on a hunt and on a lucky day; you may spot the rare cheetahs too which are endemic to Kidepo in the whole of Uganda. Head back to the lodge for lunch and embark on an evening game drive in the Narus valley again. Dinner and overnight stay at Lodge as above
Day 5: Another day game drive – Karamoja tours
- Another day game drive (Karamoja tours): Enjoy breakfast and drive to Kidepo valley for another game drive close to South Sudan. This area is best known for viewing the Ostriches and other animals, and not forgetting the hot springs. The park has great observation points with binoculars and you will be happy to use them and you can never have enough of a game drive in this park! Return for lunch. Later afternoon, drive to one of the Karamojong communities for a cultural experience of these who seem to be similar to the Masai of Kenya and Tanzania. Enjoy the cultural dance and other cultural encounters. Before nightfall, drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight at lodge as above.
Day 6: Transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Transfer to Murchison falls: Depart from Kidepo very early after your breakfast and begin your journey to Murchison falls national park that is far southern part of Uganda. It’s a 7-8 hours’ drive with several stopovers if necessary for lunch and stretching in Gulu town. Arrive Murchison late afternoon and continue to check-in your lodge. Dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option: Paraa Safari lodge
- Mid-range option; Pakuba Safari lodge
- Budget option: Heritage Safari lodge
Day 7: Top of the falls visit and boat cruise
- Top of the falls visit: After breakfast, connect to the top of the falls for an incredible experience of the falls. You will cross the 9 am ferry time and connect to the falls. Explore the top of the falls with great views of the great Murchison falls at different points. After spending a good time at the top of the falls, you will meet your driver and return for lunch.
- Boat cruise: Connect for an afternoon boat cruise along the Nile which will give you an exciting panoramic view at the bottom of the mighty Murchison falls. Along the cruise, you will encounter crocodiles, hippos, and birds on the river banks like kingfisher, cormorants and bee-eater. Return to the lodge with an en-route evening game drive to find some animals. Dinner and overnight stay at
- Luxury option: Paraa Safari lodge/Nile Safari Lodge/Bakers’ Lodge
- Mid-range option: Pakuba Safari lodge/Murchison River Lodge
- Budget option: Red Chilly Rest Camp/Heritage Safari lodge
Day 8: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Transfer to Kibale: Early morning after breakfast, check-out of the lodge and depart the park to continue on your safari to Kibale National Park which is located in the western part of Uganda and it is a home to the endangered chimpanzees and other 12 primate species in Africa including red colobus, L’Hoest’s monkey and many more. You will have lunch en-route in Fort portal town then proceed to your booked lodge for check-in, dinner and overnight stay at
- Luxury option: Kyaninga lodge/Primates Lodge
- Mid-range option: Chimpanzee forest guest house/Kibale Forest Camp
- Budget option: Isunga lodge
Day 9: Chimpanzee tracking and Bigodi Swamp Walk
- Chimpanzee tracking: Enjoy your breakfast and set off to the park headquarters with your trekking gears and water. Meet with other trekkers and gather for a briefing from the park officials where you will be guided on the expectations. Thereafter in groups of 12 people and ranger guides/researchers, set off for chimpanzee trekking experience. Finding the chimpanzees is quite easier taking about 2-5 hours depending on their location. On finding them, you will be allowed to spend 1 hour in their presence before you return to the park offices where your safari guide will be waiting. Connect for lunch at the lodge.
- Bigodi Swamp Walk: Later afternoon, drive to Bigodi swamp for a nature walk for about 2 hours for changes in spotting other primates and different bird species. Drive back to your lodge as above for relaxation, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 10: Hot Springs visit and game drive in Semiliki national park
- Hot Springs visit: After breakfast, depart very early to Semiliki national park. It’s a 2-3 hours’ drive to connect to Semiliki from Fort portal town. On arrival, connect to visit Sempaya hot springs which are the main attractions of Semiliki national park. These hot springs are the largest in Uganda, divided into female and male however they both have a geyser that shoots up from 8 meters holes with a high temperature of up to 100 degrees Celsius. The strength and hotness of the springs are amazing as one can boil eggs and in few minutes, it is ready to eat. The community around the park also visit the springs to perform rituals basin on their beliefs. Continue to your booked lodge for lunch and relaxation.
- game drive in Semiliki: Later afternoon, embark on an evening game drive in the park. This park is blessed with 53 animal species including the Bush babies, Elephants, Buffaloes, the pygmy scaly-tailed flying squirrel, African Civet to mention a few. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option: Semiliki Safari Lodge
- Mid-range option: Ntoroko Game Lodge
- Budget option: Bugama Cottage
Day 11: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park – Boat cruise
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: After enjoying your cup of tea in the morning, depart your lodge and embark on your journey to Queen Elizabeth national park – home to the tree climbing lions. It’s a 3 hours’ drive from Fort portal town to Queen Elizabeth national park driving through the smooth roads and great views of Mount Rwenzori.
- Boat cruise: Connect to your booked lodge, check-in have lunch then drive to the park for a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel and into Lake Edward. This cruise will let you pass through a place of the highest concentration of hippos and you may also see many animals drinking at the water’s edge. The cruise also offers good platform for photography, bird watching and game viewing. Dinner and overnight stay at
- Luxury option: Mweya Safari lodge/Kyambura Gorge lodge
- Mid-range option: Parkview Safari lodge/Enganzi Safari lodge
- Budget option: Pumba Safari lodge
Day 12: Lion tracking experience and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Lion tracking experience and transfer to Bwindi: Early in the morning after breakfast, you will set out for the lion tracking experience in the Kasenyi area. Lion tracking experience is the only activity that offers you an opportunity to see the lions at a close range. You will be guided by the wildlife researchers on the search of the lions. Encounter other animals like lions, antelopes, buffalos, elephants, waterbuck, Uganda Kob and other types of antelopes. Thereafter, transfer to Bwindi forest with en-route lunch via the Ishasha area and expect to see the rare tree-climbing lions. The lions can be seen up on the fig trees. However, it’s not a guarantee that the lions will be seen. Sometimes it depends on the luck and time of reaching the area. You will have lunch in the Ishasha sector and after you will proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park in preparation for your next day Gorilla trek. Dinner and overnight stay at
- Luxury option: Buhoma Lodge/Mahogany Springs lodge
- Mid-range option: Buhoma Haven lodge/Silverback Safari lodge
- Budget option: Buhoma Community Rest Camp
Day 3: Gorilla trekking experience and transfer to Kisoro
- Gorilla trekking experience and transfer to Kisoro: Early in the morning after breakfast, transfer to the park headquarters with your trekking gears for a gorilla trekking experience for a briefing from the Uganda Wildlife Authority officials and be allocated groups for the gorilla trekking experience. This is a once life time experience and unforgettable adventure which takes about 2-8 hours’ in search of the gorillas up and down the rugged terrain until you finally meet these harmonious creatures that will entertain you with performances for about 1 hour. This is an awesome and exciting moment. En-route, there are other types of the primates such as the monkeys, birds and more. Return for dinner and overnight stay.
- Luxury option: Gahinga lodge
- Mid-range option: Lake Mulehe Safari lodge
- Budget option: Travellers’ Rest Hotel
Day 14: Golden Monkey tracking in Mgahinga national park – Batwa community tour
- Golden Monkey tracking: After breakfast, drive to the park headquarters in Mgahinga National Park for briefing about the Golden monkeys with your trekking gears. After briefing, your ranger guides will lead you into the forest to search for the Golden monkeys. On finding them, spend an hour viewing them while taking pictures and videos.
- Batwa community tour: After trekking, have lunch then connect for a Batwa community tour where you will learn about the Batwa culture and be entertained by the Batwa people. Return to your lodge to rest, dinner and overnight stay at booked lodge as above
Day 15: Drive to Lake Bunyonyi – Boat trip
- Drive to Lake Bunyonyi – Boat trip: After breakfast, transfer to Kabale district where you will connect to Lake Bunyonyi. This is the deepest lake in East Africa and its Bilharzia from for human to use the water for different activities. Upon reaching the lake, connect to your accommodation then connect to explore islands on the lake on a boat/canoe ride. Return to the lodge to relax, dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option – Bunyonyi BirdNest lodge
- Mid-range option – Bunyonyi Eco-Resort/Bunyonyi Arcadia Cottages
- Budget option – Bunyonyi Overland Resort
Day 16: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park – evening game drive
- Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park – evening game drive: After having breakfast, transfer to Lake Mburo national park. It is a 4-5 hours’ drive with lunch at your booked lodge in the park. Later evening, enjoy an evening game drive which will give you clear views of animals such as Zebras, Impalas, Buffaloes, elands to mention a few. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option – Mihingo Lodge
- Mid-range option – Mpogo Lodge/Rwakobo Rock lodge
- Budget option – Eagles Nest Lodge
Day 17: Walking safari/horseback riding and Boat ride on Lake Mburo
- Walking safari/horseback riding and Boat ride: After your breakfast, meet your ranger guides for your walking safari, this tour is no different from a game drive except that here you will walk on foot to find the animals. You have an option of also doing a horseback ride in the wild where you will view animals on a horse ride. Return to the Lodge for refreshments, Lunch and in the afternoon go for a boat ride on Lake Mburo which will get you quite close to Crocodiles and Hippos. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight as above.
Day 18: Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe/Departure
- Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe/Departure: Early morning on the last day of the 18 Days Uganda Wildlife Adventure, you will have breakfast and after en route game drive for the early risers and other missed animals on the previous game drive before embarking on a journey back to Kampala with en route Lunch and at the Equator for water experiments and photographs, Royal drum Village at Mpambire for souvenirs. Proceed to Kampala and drop-off at Entebbe airport for your flight back home.
End of the 18 Days Uganda Wildlife Adventure