2 Days Chimpanzee Trekking in Budongo Forest
2 Days Chimpanzee Trekking in Budongo Forest: Budongo forest is the biggest mahogany forest that is located in the southern part of Murchison falls national park. During the 2 days chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest you will spend one hour with the chimpanzees in their natural habitat, have views of other primates like red tailed monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys, grey cheeked magabey, bird species like chocolate backed kingfisher, black headed paradise flycatcher, little green sunbird, tree species among others.
Highlights of the 2 days chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest
- Day 1: Transfer to Budongo forest
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and departure
Day 1 of the 2 days chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest
- Arrival and transfer to Budongo forest, upon arrival at Entebbe international airport of the first day of the 2 days chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest, you will be welcomed by our driver guide who will brief you about the safari and then start the journey to Budongo forest. The journey takes about 5 to 6 hours drive and on your way you will have en-route lunch and a stopover at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for rhino tracking. Ziwa Rhino sanctuary is the only destination in Uganda that harbors the endangered white rhinos in their natural environment. After Rhino tracking you will continue the journey passing via Masindi town and upon arrival in the park you will continue to Budongo forest in the southern part of the park, check into the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and departure to Kampala
- Chimpanzee trekking, after an early breakfast on the last day of the 2 days chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest you will meet up with your driver guide to transfer to the park headquarters for a briefing about the rules and regulations of chimpanzee trekking. After the briefing you will be allocated a chimpanzee family to trek, a park guide who is well conversant with trails in the forest and then start trekking. Trekking of chimpanzees in Budongo forest takes about 30 minutes to 4 hours depending on where the chimpanzees are located because they like to move deep into the forest in search of food especially during the dry season.
- During trekking you will have spectacular views of bird species like grey long bill, African emerald cuckoo, yellow manted weaver, slender billed greenbul, chestnut crowned eremomera, primates like blue monkeys, red tailed monkeys, olive baboons, black and white colobus monkeys, butterflies, small mammals, different tree species, listen to sweet sounds of birds among others. Once the chimpanzees are found you will be allowed to spend one hour with them in their natural habitat which gives you an opportunity to learn more about their lifestyle, behaviors, watch them play, hunt, feed, breastfeed, take photos and record the moments to show people back home after the safari.
- Departure to Kampala, after the breathtaking chimpanzee trekking activity you will trek back to the starting point where you will meet up with your driver guide to start the journey back to Kampala. On the way you will have en-route lunch and great views of the homesteads, beautiful scenery, smiling people among others. Upon arrival in Kampala your driver guide will drop you off at Entebbe airport or drop off at any place of convenience.
End of 2 days chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Park entrance fee
- Rhino tracking
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.