4 Day Ziwa Rhino Trekking and Murchison falls park Safari
4 Day Ziwa Rhino Trekking and Murchison falls park Safari is one of the shortest trip where you will enjoy the see the big 5 game and other animals available in the park. The trip features a visit to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is the only place to find and see the rare rhinos in the wild. The Rhino fund Uganda is a Non-governmental Organisation formed in 1997 in cooperation with Uganda Wildlife Authority with the interest of re-introducing the wild rhinos in Uganda after their extinction during the reign of President Idi Amin inn 1987. However, both rhinoceros breeds were introduced, black and northern white rhinos for the purpose of both Environmental and cultural heritage. The sanctuary is located in Nakasongola district; about 176km drive north of Kampala city on Gulu highway. The Sanctuary lies on 7,000 hectares of land with both savannah and woodland vegetation. There are about 22 rhinos in the sanctuary and has become increasingly popular for tourists visits for rhino trekking, shoebill trek and Canoe ride, Bird watching and nature walks. Murchison Falls on the other hand is the largest national park in Uganda where we find the big 4 game and it is the home of the most powerful falls in Africa. Visiting both places is an adventurous experience of the wild.
Highlights of the 4 Day Ziwa Rhino Trekking and Murchison falls park Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and nature walk
- Day 2: Rhino trekking and transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Day 3: Morning game drive and boat cruise
- Day 4: Top of the falls visit and return to Kampala
Day 1: Pick-up and Transfer to Ziwa
- Pick-up and Transfer to Ziwa: Depending on your location in Kampala, meet with our company representative who will also be your driver-guide for this 2 days trip. Transfer to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, the only place where you find the rhinos in Uganda. It’s a 3-4 hours’ drive. Upon arrival at the sanctuary, connect to check-in your booked accommodation. Later afternoon, connect for a nature walk around the sanctuary to have a glimpse of a diverse and plentiful wildlife that share the sanctuary, explore animals like the Uganda Kobs, bushbucks, Oribi, common grey duiker, warthogs, Ververt monkeys, black and white Colabus monkeys, reedbuck to mention but a few. Return for dinner and overnight stay at
- Luxury and mid-range option: Amuka Safari lodge
- Budget option: Ziwa Guesthouse
Day 2: Rhino trekking and transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Rhino trekking and transfer to Murchison: You will enjoy morning breakfast and then connect for your rhino trekking experience. Meet your ranger guides for briefing then drive to the starting point where you will start your trekking in search of the rhinos. You will be able to spot different rhinos, coming up close to them. Spend time in their presence then return. Have lunch then continue to Murchiosn falls national park. It’s a 2-3 hours’ drive, entering through Kichwabanyobo gate and proceed to connect to your booked accommodation with an en-route evening game drive. Check-in for dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option: Paraa Safari lodge
- Mid-range: Pakuba Safari lodge/Fort Murchison lodge
- Budget option: Red Chilly Rest Camp/Heritage Safari lodge
Day 3: Morning game drive and Boat cruise
- Morning game drive: After an early breakfast at the lodge, you will go for a morning game drive. The activity takes about 3-5 hours depending on animals available, and you will find animals including elephants, Rothschild giraffes, buffaloes, lions, Hartebeest, Uganda Kobs, Oribis, and waterbucks.
- Boat cruise: After the drive, you will return to the lodge for lunch. Later afternoon at 2 pm, go for a launch cruise on the along the Nile which will give you an exciting panoramic view at the bottom of the mighty Murchison falls. Along the cruise, you will encounter crocodiles, hippos, and birds on the river banks like kingfisher, cormorants, and bee-eater. You will spend take viewing the falls at the bottom while taking pictures then later return to meet your drive and connect back to your lodge and a relaxed evening. After viewing the bottom of the falls, sail back to meet your driver who will transfer you back to your lodge with en route game drive. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above.
Day 4: Top of the falls – transfer back to Kampala
- Top of the falls – transfer back to Kampala: After breakfast, drive to the top of the falls for a closer view of the Murchison falls and the Uhuru falls, this will take about 2 hours before you drive out of the park. Lunch will be served depending on where you will. You will be dropped off a place you will advise. This is a 4-5 hours’ drive to Kampala/Entebbe.
End of the 4 Day Ziwa Rhino Trekking and Murchison falls park Safari